Border Crisis Update
While securing the border is the federal government's responsibility, Texas will not sit idly by as this crisis grows. Texas is responding with the most robust and comprehensive border plan the nation has ever seen.
Governor Greg Abbott
Border Transportation Funding Donations
As of July 22, 2022: $118,297
Border Wall Funding Donations
As of July 22, 2022: $55,334,747
President Biden’s open-border policies have led to a humanitarian crisis at our southern border as record levels of illegal immigrants, drugs, and contraband pour into Texas. The State of Texas is working collaboratively with communities impacted by the border crisis to arrest and detain individuals coming into Texas illegally. Our efforts will only be effective if we work together to secure the border, make criminal arrests, protect landowners, rid our communities of dangerous drugs, and provide Texans with the support they need and deserve.
July 7, 2022
Governor Abbott Authorizes Texas National Guard, Texas Department Of Public Safety To Return Illegal Immigrants To Border
Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order authorizing and empowering the Texas National Guard and the Texas Department of Public Safety to apprehend illegal immigrants who illegally cross the border between ports of entry and return them to the border. The Biden Administration's decision to end Title 42 expulsions and the Remain-in-Mexico policy has led to historic levels of illegal crossings, with 5,000 migrants being apprehended over the July 4th weekend, creating a border crisis that has overrun communities along the border and across Texas. "While President Biden refuses to do his job and enforce the immigration laws enacted by Congress, the State of Texas is once again stepping up and taking unprecedented action to protect Americans and secure our southern border. The cartels have become emboldened and enriched by President Biden's open border policies, smuggling in record numbers of people, weapons, and deadly drugs like fentanyl."
June 29, 2022
Governor Abbott Expands Border Security Operations
Governor Greg Abbott announced the expansion of the state’s border security operations by creating Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) strike teams, establishing new vehicle inspection checkpoints targeting semi-trucks, and the deployment of additional resources from the Texas Military Department to mitigate President Biden's growing border crisis. "The Lone Star State will not sit idly by as the federal government chooses to ignore the historic number of illegal crossings, human smuggling, and drug trafficking of deadly fentanyl from Mexico into the United States. Our government has no greater responsibility than to provide public safety to its citizens. Until President Biden decides to uphold immigration laws passed by Congress, the State of Texas will continue utilizing every tool available to secure the border and keep Texans — and Americans — safe."
June 17, 2022
Governor Abbott Provides Update In Mission On Texas’ Ongoing Border Security Preparations For Incoming Migrant Caravans
Governor Greg Abbott held a press conference at the Anzalduas International Bridge in Mission on the State of Texas’ ongoing border security preparations ahead of the latest migrant caravans headed to the Texas-Mexico border. "The State of Texas has been working for the past month on preparations for the latest approaching caravans because the Biden Administration is failing to do its job of securing the nation's borders… The National Guard and DPS are conducting mass-migration rehearsals to implement flexible strategies to deter illegal crossings at any point along the border where they occur."
May 20, 2022
Governor Abbott Activates Joint Border Security Operations Center In Preparation For Mass Migrant Influx As Biden Ends Title 42 Expulsions
"Texas will not stand by as President Biden puts our state and our nation in danger by ending Title 42 expulsions and allowing dangerous criminals, illegal weapons, and deadly drugs like fentanyl to flow unabated into the United States, and exacerbating the humanitarian crisis at our southern border," said Governor Abbott. "We continue taking unprecedented action to secure the border, ramping up every available strategy and resource in response to President Biden's ongoing border crisis. The Joint Border Security Operations Center will play an integral role in our state's robust response to provide the border security strategy Texans — and Americans — deserve."
April 6, 2022
Governor Abbott Takes Aggressive Action To Secure The Border As President Biden Ends Title 42 Expulsions
"The Biden Administration's open-border policies have paved the way for dangerous cartels and deadly drugs to pour into the United States, and this crisis will only be made worse by ending Title 42 expulsions," said Governor Abbott. "With the end of Title 42 expulsions looming next month, Texas will immediately begin taking unprecedented action to do what no state has done in American history to secure our border. The new strategies announced today and next week will further strengthen our already robust response to the Biden border disaster, and we will use any and all lawful powers to curtail the flow of drugs, human traffickers, illegal immigrants, weapons, and other contraband into Texas."
News & Announcements
- Operation Lone Star Ramps Up Busing Of Migrants To NYC, D.C. To Provide Relief To Border Communities
- Operation Lone Star Combatting Record Numbers Of Illegal Immigrants, Criminal Activity
- Operation Lone Star Buses Thousands Of Migrants To Nation’s Capital
- Operation Lone Star Fights Deadly Fentanyl Crisis Coming Across Border
- Operation Lone Star Boosts Local Border Security Efforts, Ramps Up Law Enforcement Capabilities
- Operation Lone Star Seizing Record Amounts Of Fentanyl, DPS Crime Lab Finds Fentanyl In Most Street Drugs
- Operation Lone Star Turns Back Over 22,000 Migrants, Prepares For Growing Migrant Caravans
- Operation Lone Star Ramps Up Mass Migration Response Efforts In Preparation For Caravans
- Operation Lone Star Transports Over 900 Migrants To Nation’s Capital, Continues Joint Border Security Efforts With Mexican Governors
- Operation Lone Star Mission Continues To Secure Border, Prepares For Mass Influx As Biden Ends Title 42 Expulsions This Month
- Operation Lone Star Apprehends Over 239.8K Migrants, Continues To Secure The Border
- Operation Lone Star Seizes Over 300 Million Lethal Doses Of Fentanyl, Continues To Secure The Border
- Operation Lone Star Surpasses 11,000 Felony Charges, Continues To Secure Border As Biden Administration Moves Forward On Title 42 Elimination
- Operation Lone Star Mission Expands As Biden Ends Title 42 Expulsions
- Operation Lone Star Continues To Save Lives, Take Drugs Off The Streets, Apprehend Traffickers
- ICYMI: Operation Lone Star Surpasses 10,000 Felony Arrests, Continues To Secure The Border
- ICYMI: Operation Lone Star Continues To Secure The Border, Crack Down On Human Smuggling
- Governor Abbott, DPS, Texas National Guard Mark One Year Anniversary Of Operation Lone Star
- Border Budget Forecast Form
- Texas Facilities Commission - Border Wall Construction Status
- Governor Abbott Debuts Texas Border Wall In Rio Grande City
- Governor Abbott Announces Border Wall Construction Strategy
- Governor Abbott Announces Comprehensive Border Security Plan
- Disaster Declaration In Response To Border Crisis In Texas
- Governor's Task Force on Border and Homeland Security Announced
- Emergency Management Assistance Compact
Donations for Border Transportation Funding may also be mailed to:
Border Transportation Funding
P.O. Box 13244
Austin, Texas 78711
Donations for Texas Border Wall Funding may also be mailed to:
Texas Border Wall Funding
P.O. Box 13226
Austin, TX 78711